Whats In Your Medicine Cabinet ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you want to know how to make your own Melafix and Pimafix...

Ganked from a post on Aquaria Central by Samsmom
Melafix is comprised of 1% cajeput oil (Tee Tree Oil can be substituted)
1% emulsifier
.2% defoamer
97.8% H20
so that would translate to 5ml of Tee tree Oil and 500ml of h2o. As there is no emulsifier you must shake the bottle for 1 minute or longer to blend the oil and h2o

Pimafix is 1% Indian Bay Leaf Oil and 99% h2o, same as above
Melafix treats fungal infections, both internal and external bacterial infections. Melafix and Pimafix are formulated to work together. Pimafix will not harm biological filter in fw or sw or ponds, has no effect on ph and is harmless to aquatic plants. Using pimafix and melafix together works on especially stubborn infections plus provides the added benefit of quick tissue regeneration and wound healing. For best results remove activated carbon during treatment.
As a disease treatment add 1 tsp. for every 10g (40l) of aquarium water, repeat dose for 7 days, treatment can be continued. *whenever treating with any meds do a 25-50% water change every 3 days.

1% emulsifier
.2% defoamer
97.8% H20
so that would translate to 5ml of Tee tree Oil and 500ml of h2o. As there is no emulsifier you must shake the bottle for 1 minute or longer to blend the oil and h2o

Melafix treats fungal infections, both internal and external bacterial infections. Melafix and Pimafix are formulated to work together. Pimafix will not harm biological filter in fw or sw or ponds, has no effect on ph and is harmless to aquatic plants. Using pimafix and melafix together works on especially stubborn infections plus provides the added benefit of quick tissue regeneration and wound healing. For best results remove activated carbon during treatment.
As a disease treatment add 1 tsp. for every 10g (40l) of aquarium water, repeat dose for 7 days, treatment can be continued. *whenever treating with any meds do a 25-50% water change every 3 days.

YES! now i can make my own..

1% emulsifier
.2% defoamer
97.8% H20

Wow
Have you tested this out

My medicine cabinet has:

Melafix
Pimafix
Coppersafe
Aquarium Salt
Aquari sol
Maracyn
Maracyn Two
and Aqua Plus

I might just try to make my own melafix. That is really awesome!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back