Whats In Your Medicine Cabinet ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LakeyGal

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Thinking along the prevention better than cure philosophy what do we/should we all have in our fishy med cabinets??

I have:
Nutrafin Tapsafe BioActive (Dechlorinator)
Interpet Liquisil
Interpet Anti Fungus
Melafix

I have water conditioner and white spot remover ( when I once had whitespot) other than that none, I just buy it if and when I may need it. I dont treat unless there is somethng wrong :)

i have:

Melafix
Super ich
Aqua Plus (conditioner)
Chlorine/Chlormine remover

and algae wafers... lol

SeaChem Prime
SeaChem PH neutralizer
Sterazin
Protozin
Melafix
TetraMedica General Tonic
JBL Oodinol

Pourquoi?
Note; the topic title is a little confusing, this is what i have due to ill fish (generally those that have been bought while injured), personally i'd say if you were being sensible about meds if not a little paranoid you may as well have some;
Melafix
General tonic
Protozin
Copper based anti parasitic
Good anti bacterial (gram negative, gam positive)
Anti-fungal

I'm not sure why people have got dechlor in their posts?

Is the topic what do you have as meds?
Whats In Your Medicine Cabinet ?, (For your fish that is...)
Or what do you recommend as preemptory medications?
Thinking along the prevention better than cure philosophy what should we all have in our fishy med cabinets??

I have water conditioner and white spot remover ( when I once had whitespot) other than that none, I just buy it if and when I may need it. I dont treat unless there is somethng wrong :)

Ditto! Thats the same with me I only have water de-chlorinator and white spot remover when one of my neons got white spot. I don't buy it unless I need it. :good:

Is the topic what do you have as meds?

Or what do you recommend as preemptory medications?

Bit of both really. I was looking at my fish cupboard and found more stuff for fish than I have in my own medicine cabinet so I thought it might be useful to know what other people have.
I know when I was starting out the range of meds available confused the h*** out of me and it took me a while before I was happy with what I had.

I got melafix, aquarisol, and some pimafix, dechlorinator(aqua plus), and some cycle, which basically sits there doing nothing.

Is melafix and primafix an American product?

It's made by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc. They are both all-natural products that don't tend to stress the fish out as much IMO. I need to get some.

I have:
Quick Cure
Lifebearer
Fungus Cure

I was continually battling fungus with a twin barred platy(RIP) and all Petco purchases get a dose of Lifebearer or Quick Cure while in the QT tank since they have so many parasites in their tanks. Lifebearer for the ones with anchorworms and Quick Cure for the ones with ich. :good:

I don't keep any medications on hand. They all have an expiration date and are too expensive to keep "just in case" and then end up throwing them in the trash. The only thing I have on hand is a dechlirinator, Stress Coat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back