Whats in the bag?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Matty24

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just been and got 12 ember tetras but what's else is in the bag? Pic below are they snails? 🤷‍♂️

20220803_153846.jpg

Just done abit of reading the ember tetras were in a tank with cherry shrimp/amano shrimp and loads of moss, Planaria is a problem with shrimp from what I now read I mean someone I'm sure will tell me more seems strange I have atleast 4 baby amano shrimp and 2 cherry shrimp in the bag that she has caught at the same time 🥴

I could only spot 2 planaria in the bag I've been very careful to remove the fish from the bag I took tank water into a bucket Emptied the bag of fish plus 10 free shrimp into the the bucket caught the fish removed the the 2 planarias from the bucket now I'm left with 10 tiny shrimp I can't add them to my tank the platys and mollys will soon polish them off may how to move the bigger fry back into the other fry tank and put these baby shrimp in with the snails unless they can live in a bucket? I'm no shrimp keeper 😕

Is it one of them things I should make the aquarium shop aware of?

You have a cycled fry tank, in addition to another tank?....if so, put the shrimp in the fry tank, until they mature...then add to the other tank

Cherry shrimp can run as much as 2 or 3 bucks a piece, amanos even more (if that's what you have; amanos are difficult to breed, they hatch into a larval stage, that needs brackish water to survive)...I'm betting they are ghost (glass) shrimp, which are easily bred, and usually used as feeders

Whether or not you let the shop know about the hitch hikers is your choice

Yeah I've added them to the tank with the smaller fry couple of the shrimp we're very very small so weather they survive but still nice little freebie they all hung straight onto the sponge filter

Yeah I've added them to the tank with the smaller fry couple of the shrimp we're very very small so weather they survive but still nice little freebie they all hung straight onto the sponge filter
Sponge filters hold lots of detritus goodies that shrimps love, as do sponge pre-filters

Too small for pics?

2 were so tiny I could only see them as I emptied the new bag of tetras and shrimp into a white bucket the others I'm more than confident they are fine ive been watching the fry and they haven't bothered them at all

They are a bit big for planaria. I was thinking more along the lines of a leech. Either way you don't want them in the tank so don't add them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back