Whats Happened To The Forum?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Ive not logged in for 4 weeks or so and came back on yesterday or so and the forum seems to have changed a fair bit with no info. Lots of new mods so congrats to each and everyone of those, Im no longer a mod which pleases me as Id asked to be removed from that a while back

have i missed something?

Simon

In a word, yes.

There are a number of posts in the announcements section that cover various aspects of what has happened.

I'll try to summarise,

William sold the forum, his prerogative. Most of the mods didn't like the implications of that or the way that it was handled and have moved on.

After a brief settling period a few new mods have been put in and here we are now.

There are a few ongoing issues as the dust is settling, which you'll probably also notice as you look around, but things are running again.

If there's anything I've missed, let me know.

Dr Rob, you are the king of summerizing things :lol:

In a word, yes.

There are a number of posts in the announcements section that cover various aspects of what has happened.

I'll try to summarise,

William sold the forum, his prerogative. Most of the mods didn't like the implications of that or the way that it was handled and have moved on.

After a brief settling period a few new mods have been put in and here we are now.

There are a few ongoing issues as the dust is settling, which you'll probably also notice as you look around, but things are running again.

If there's anything I've missed, let me know.
totally ignoring the real problem isn't it?
some mods were happy to stay. yet were just sacked, with no explanation.
which is where most of the problems arose.
oh yeah, those threads were deleted, were they not?
so it didn't happen!
I know we need to move on.
but we, also, need to be honest as to how good people were treated!

Fair point, I missed the sacking issue out.

I can't tell you details of what happened there, as I don't know them.

I can tell you that there is ongoing conversation behind the scenes on that issue, but I'm not going to get drawn into commenting until I know more.

cheers Mbou and Dr Rob for the appraisal and cheers Raptorrex for the answer to my queries :)

They haven't entirely answered all of your queries Simon........I have more to say on the matter shortly...just seeking some more advice!
C

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back