Whats Going On?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

littlemissjo

Reaction score
bit of a weird one (or maybe im just dumb)

i have had a few fish die over the past few weeks, just one here and there.... had two corys, my male platty and a platty fry

didn't really think much of it cos they didn't all go together and so put it down to the circle of life and all that
water levels were all perfect but did a 25% water change after each death in case of spiking

fed the fish before going to work last night, all were fine, but got home from nightshift this morning and one of my silver sharks, approx 1yr old had turned it toes up, no obvious sign of infection or injury
also, one of my apple snails has gone from his shell (but i am pretty sure the weather loaches had him for dinner... again)
but the tank just doesnt seem right, all water levels are fine and there are no obvious signs or infection on any of the fish, but i just seems, well, not right

i have done a 25% water change and put some whitespot treatment in just in case, but does anyone have any other ideas of what it could be?

Can you tell us a little about how long the tank has been running, what size it is, and how many of each type of fish are in it? Thanks.

been up and running for 11 months

fish in it are - silver shark, yoyo loach, red tailed black shark, black widow tetras, odessya barb, golden barb, weather loach, flying foxes, silvertip, albino krib, hillstream loach, plec, cory's, red fin tetra, cherry barb, apple snail, nerite snails, and a very elusive shrimp
did have plattys but have been rehomed since the male died

How big is your tank & whats your exact readings for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate & ph?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back