What’s going on with my turtle?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Fishy Guy

Reaction score
C1DFB825-9B93-49DB-99C9-3C3A4B90EB54.png
i woke up today, look at my tank and my turtle has this random white kind of dot thing on his head? does anyone know what this couple possibly be? i’m guessing the heat lamp maybe??

It's not easy to pinpoint the issue from the photo alone. It could be all of that.

Is that Pink Belly Side Neck? It looks like either a shed spot which is not a problem or some sort of fungus which is a problem.
How long have you had the turtle?
What do you feed it?
What size tank does the turtle live in? Is it the only inhabitant? Does it have a basking area? UVB lighting? Does the turtle ever receive direct (not through a window) natural sunlight? What is the basking areas temperature? Water temperature? Type of filtration? All of those are important for us to know in order to help.
I have rescued aquatic and semi-aquatic turtles for many years. I've had my Red Ear Slider for 25 years now and have learned all sorts of lessons. Just let us know the above information and we can try to help.

It's not easy to pinpoint the issue from the photo alone. It could be all of that.
Keep an eye on it and monitor your turtle's behavior. If it worsens or if your turtle starts acting differently, it might be wise to consult a vet for a closer look. Also, you can find some tips about it at https://www.tortoiseowner.com/. I hope your little friend gets back to normal soon!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back