What's a good SMALL bottom feeder fish...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll have a look, the chain loaches in my lfs are selling for £3.25 at the moment and they definately LOOK like the real thing, I'll check the name when I go to get them next time.

Could some one provide me with links to some good iformation about the kuhli Loaches and the ottos mentioned in this thread. I'm not really familiar with either and would like to investigate. IF not for my fivegallon, they maybe something to add to a future tank.

I don't think I'll be adding cories though. I've already got three in my twelve gallon and would like something different. They were listed as Corydoras reticulas at the LFS. I'm think they'll get to be 2 to three inches? Anyone got some solid info on these? I'm thinking I can't add anything else to my twelve if they do get that big... :sad:

*sigh* wish they'd come out of hiding more often :-(

In case of people wondering how FEW corys they can get away with:

About 20 years ago, before I knew about corys needing to school, I had just two (c.julii) in a 30-gallon* blackwater community tank, and they lived together very happily (and fatly and intelligently -- some of the cutest fish ever) and did their job well for at least six years!

Plus, being regularly examined by a couple of Buddha-like guys with moustaches does something good for your spirits -- and your smile!

*I think it was US gal, therefore ~113-114L

Whilst it's true that corydoras, and other schooling fish can be kept in smaller groups, it's never ideal.

This forum promotes best practice, and that means never recommending or advising to keep shoaling fish in groups of less than six individuals, of the same species.

Also, this thread is from 2003 (eleven years ago), so there's not much point in bumping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back