whatfish goes good with goldfish in coldwater

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

william11373

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i want fish to go with my goldfish in coldwater tank that also eats goldfish flakes

is it the feeder tank i read in another post? i also remember it being two 10 gallon tanks i think. you can only keep one fancy in each of those and nothing else. these fish if treated well grow to around 10 inches long.

wwestar2000 said:
Well guess what! Your goldfish will grow. And if they dont its cause there in such a small tank and you stunted there growth. And they could die. They will die. We don't know you so why do you think we would lie to you?
yeah goldfish WILL grow

so do ya think because a baby is tiny when its young its gonna stay that size
nooo
or do you think the cute little great dane is gonna stay that small :no:

you are overstocked as it is so NO more fish untilk u get rid of your old ones.They will die in such small spaces

i have three tetras and they get along great with my goldfish

Some possible ideas for a 10 gallon coldwater tank.

Three Spined Sticklebacks
(Gasterosteus aculeatus)

Size: 4-10cm (1"- 4")
Origin: Native to the UK and found in fresh and costal waters around Europe and North Africa, North and Central America and Asia.

Porbably the best known Bristish fish. The name originates from the three spines or stickles found at the front of the dorsal fin. During the breeding season their colours intensify, especailly the males. They construct their 'nest' out of pieces of plant or debris. They can be fussy eaters so ask what they are being feed on before you buy them.
********************************************************************* Fathead or Roseyred Minnow
(Pimephales promelas)

Size: 7-10cm (3"- 4")
Origin North America, Canada and down to some southern states.

These are a peaceful and hardy species. The name refers to the small pad of fleshy tissue on the head of sexually mature males, used in reproduction. The pad is used to keep his eggs clean by gently rubbing them with it. There is the natural coloured fish and an orange-yellow colour form.

You need a licence to keep these outdoors but not to keep them in the indoor aquarium. - Refers to the UK.
Red Shiner or Rainbow Dace
(Cyprinella lutrensis)

Size: 6-9cm (2"- 3")
Origin: North America-United States.

An active, undemanding, shoaling fish. They will not tolerate poorly oxygenated waters.

You need a licence to keep these outdoors but not to keep them in the indoor aquarium. - Refers to the UK.
Bitterling (usually the European bitterling)
(Rhodeus sericeus)

Size: 6-8cm (2"- 3")
Origin Central and Eastern Europe, to China.

Bitterling are a wonderful fish. There are a few species, but the two most commonly seen are Rhodeus sericeus and Rhodeus ocellatus. They are a small relative of the carp. They grow between 2-4" and are peaceful fish for a coldwater tank providing some extra colour. But they are best known for their remarkable breeding relationship with the swan mussel. At spawning time the female bitterling lays a few eggs in the breathing hole of each mussel. The male follows and sprays milt over the same places. The mussel's breathing ensures that the eggs are fertalised and get plenty of oxygen during the next three to four weeks. When the young Bitterlings come to leave their adopted parent, they are fully equipped to swim. These fish are easy to feed, in breeding season the males will turn wonderfully colourful, providing the temperature rises to around 22C stimulating the start of breeding.

You need a licence to keep the European Bitterling. - Refers to the UK.
Common Minnow
(Phoxinus phoxinus)

Size: 6-14cm (2"- 5")
Origin: Native to the UK. Found across Europe and across to Siberia.

There is now a Golden form as well as the natural coloured form. They are an active, hardy, shoaling species. They should be kept in well-circulated and well-oxygenated water.
Clicker Barb or Topmouth gudgeon
(Pseudorasbora parva)

Size: 8-11cm (3"- 4")
Origin: North-east Asia (now feral in parts of Europe).

They are a shoaling fish that prefers fast, well oxygenated waters. The noise supposedly refers to the noise they make when eating.

You need a licence to own this species. - Refers to the UK.

Some other possibilities would be Fancy Goldfish, Hillstream Loaches or maybe a member of the Garra genus.

you cant put anything else in there you have a 10 gallon tank i know its hard to belive but its true maybe you should try putting .......... no i'm not even going to say that actualy, might think the wrong thing and kill the gold fish you have now, so i'd just keep your goldfish, does it have a name, bit of a weird question i know but i think you get more attatched to your fish if you name them ;)

:angel: paige :angel:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back