What would you put in this aquarium?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Herpin Man

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
35 gallon hex, so itā€™s taller than it is wide.
Very hard water.
Iā€™m open to any and all ideas.

Very hard water.
Life. You shall put life.

SNAILS! Rabbit snails is a good choice. White Hercules, although rare, should be good too.
I don't know where you are but if you are in the UK, here is the link to the ultra rare snail:

Very hard water.
What are the dimensions?
Do you plan to have it densely planted or not planted at all?
How tall is it?

A picture would help to get a better impression And with sizes.

What are the dimensions?
Do you plan to have it densely planted or not planted at all?
How tall is it?
18ā€ wide, 25ā€ tall. Itā€™s planted, somewhat sparsely, because itā€™s hard to light. Small light, deep water, relatively speaking. Guppy grass seems to be the only thing that really does well.

Heterandria Formosa and floating plants.
i think maybe the tank is too tall relatively for livebearers? i am not sure tho
they like to be near the top

18ā€ wide, 25ā€ tall. Itā€™s planted, somewhat sparsely, because itā€™s hard to light. Small light, deep water, relatively speaking. Guppy grass seems to be the only thing that really does well.
i love guppy grass, i just cant find it anywhere LOL
if guppy grass does well
cabomba, anacharis, water lettuce, red root floater, and duckweed also probably will do well
but do not get duckweed WITH red root floater it will kill the floater since it covers it

A small pleco (that stays small) for the bottom.
A school of small rasboras or tetras fo the middle.
2 Honey gouramis or one dwarf gourami for the top.
Just an idea.

A small pleco (that stays small) for the bottom.
A school of small rasboras or tetras fo the middle.
2 Honey gouramis or one dwarf gourami for the top.
Just an idea.
These are soft water fish. The OP has hard water.

Perhaps a small group of pea puffers? If you could work out the lighting, I have loadsssss of suggestions for a good light and some low light plants to plant it more densely, if you would like?

Yes, you are absolutely correctsorry about that. Off the top of my head for a school of small you have emerald rasboras for hard water.

Yes, you are absolutely correctsorry about that. Off the top of my head for a school of small you have emerald rasboras for hard water.
Got some of them myself and they are cracking fish.So lovely but if you go for a good school of them make sure there's sufficient space for the males to keep their distance between them.
The CPD also does OK in hard-ish water but they are too close to the Emerlads with crossbreeding potential. The Asian Rummynose are also nice fish and give endless hours of amusement watching them flick around the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back