What Would You Do With This? A Very Unusual Aquarium!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I may keep the middle sections UG filter running as well. So two hagen mini's, one either side pointed down the tunnels, with their flow meeting the UG filter in the middle. I think that should be sufficient.

Now turns out the aquarium is 42 inches long 12 inches deep and 17 inches high.
Thats a fair size.

Any more ideas on interesting stocking?
I am between minds of keeping it as its so unusual, or selling it at a healthy profit.
As i would reather have a 4 foot tank instead of this for the room its going to take VS stocking options - anyone know what i mean?

I paid £25 for it though, bargain or what.
What shelagh is very true.

I'd probably sell it and get a 4ft tank with the profits, but thats the way my interest is going - bigger fish. If you like smaller fish however its a nice tank, just a bit awkward to get setup.

heavily plant one with white sand, bog wood and black sand in another and rocks in the last and white sand again. as for stocking, galaxy rasboras, neons or cardinals and embers and lotsa shrimp (cherry and bumblebee) and snails :)

you should do a bamboo-jungle in to two far sides, and leave the middle sparsely planted with a few short bits of bamboo sticking up.

Well got it today and it needed a bloody good clean and the multi-coloured gravel removed.
Also needs the lights rewiring as they have been bodged to run off of one socket.
Though neither are hard jobs.

Once the wiring is done, i'll be adding a black background to each and to each tunnel.
Then i was thinking i may do a bamboo-jungle in to two far sides, and leave the middle sparsely planted with a few short bits of bamboo sticking up.
The bamboo will be silicone to egg crate and stand it up.

Was even playing with the idea of having this open topped and having some of the bamboo rising above the water level.

Anyone get my drift?

i guess i win lol :kana: :rofl:

Wow that is weird, i know you wont believe me but i did not read your reply before posting that.
None the less, i think Bae wins :p

Im going to confirm the cost of bamboo and egg crate tomorrow, and if its in my price bracket, i have a box of new box of fluval carbon pads you can have if you like, as a prize :p

i just edited my post with your exct words if you hadnt cottond on so probably not worthy of a prize
<((*_*))>

I'd have a shoal of ember tetras and a group of kuhli loaches as they would love the tunnels...

Filtration i would have an external with the inlet on the right and outlet on the left giving you current through the tunnels.

The left tank would have sand and pebbles with a amo sword, middle sand and slate with ferns and right with sand,anubais nano,moss and bogwood.

My 2 pence!

Most reactions

Back