What Will U Recommend?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

paul_219

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
What fish can i add to clean my gravel other then plecos? I want it to clean the gravel and glass and plants? Can the ottos do it?

A Gravel Vac, Sponge and a Bucket!

There are algae eating fish but they do not solely live on algae and they will not clean up other dirt residue on everything.

Otos will eat algae in a well established tank but are no substitute for a bit of work on your part.

I'd only ever buy fish 1) that suit your tank and stocking 2) you really like for themselves - not to do a job.

^^^^^

You can't find a fish that will eat waste. What you can do is heavily plant the tank. Plants will take care of the nitr(a/i)te (I forget whether it's nitrate or nitrite) buildup. But, even then, you will have to do a little cleaning. In my Krib tank, I am planning on cleaning the gravel once a month, so as to let the plants grab all nutrients they can.

But, honestly...that's the only way to get out of tank cleaning....and that comes with it a whole other level of complexity, since you now have to worry about lighting, and algae growth, etc.

Yeah i dont want algea to get alot in my tank. I also want a good group of algea eaters.

What size tank is it and how long has it been set up? What other fish have you got in the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back