What was your first fish

My first were six neon tetra, six glowlight tetra, two yoyo loaches and three bronze corys! ...Unfortunately we got them from a Pets at Home chain. Unsurprisingly, one loach and one neon tetra were deformed. The only purchase from there that's still completely intact are the corys. Both yoyos, three neons and one glowlight died within a month.

I used to be an avid fisherman. I don’t know if Fishkeeping sort of extinguish that flame? Or I just lost interest. Either may, I don’t fish much anymore. :dunno:
For me, fishkeeping ignited the fisherman flame! since I always like to grab fish when I was little and so fishing allowed me to touch large fish that couldn't be harmed by accident unlike the small aquarium ones and also allowed me to get closer to my local species.

I don't remember- we had aquariums when I was a toddler. Most likely, the first fish were something my dad netted up in one of the nearby wetlands. We lived out in the country.
The first aquarium that I remember, I was probably ten or eleven. It was a 29 gallon that a relative gave us. I remember we bought sword tails, and a red tailed SHARK. How cool. Then, we added some natives that we netted up.
We didn't know about cycling, so when the water clouded up, we disassembled the tank, scoured the rocks and gravel, only to have it cloud up again. Nothing really lived very long.

Is this a thread about telling everyone what your first fish is or killing animals?
Let's say it's about your first fish and not discuss anything else. ;)

My first fish was not a fish. It was a tadpole. I was five and I successfully raised 6 tadpoles to frogs, not one of them died. My dad then took me to where we caught them and returned them. That was when I was hooked on keeping things alive in water.

After that my first actually fish was a minnow.

Let's say it's about your first fish and not discuss anything else. ;)

My first fish was not a fish. It was a tadpole. I was five and I successfully raised 6 tadpoles to frogs, not one of them died. My dad then took me to where we caught them and returned them. That was when I was hooked on keeping things alive in water.

After that my first actually fish was a minnow.
nice!

I got 4 Black Hamburg Platy and 3 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami at the same time. The one Platy I've named Napoleon is my favorite of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back