****what Was Your First Fish And Tank?****

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
erm...

MY PERSONAL first tank that i kept myself? that was a 2ft tank, no lid on a metal stand :blink:

i kept goldfish, shebumpkins, and a common plec, lived for YEARS! i didnt do much changes etc, as i didnt know about them, the water got mucky, i cleaned it lol (i used to put the fish in the bath to do so!! :hyper: )

no filtration, didnt know it was needed.

I then upgraded to a 6ft tropical with ALL the neccessary things!

My first EVER TANK that was really my dads, a HOOGE corner effort with puffers of some sort, guppies the lot!

Mine was a 60 litre (13 gal?) with some guppies and cories. I was 10 or 11 at the time, my mom thought taking care of a tank would teach me to be responsible. Didn't work too well on the overall responsibility front, but I've been in love with aquariums ever since. :)

My first fish was a black angelfish. I put it in my 20gal not knowing anything about cycling. It lived a few months but died. :( The tank was a bit small...

A 20 gallon high and I put in it 2 rainbow sharks and 1 gold gourami. Penguin 140 filter. Knew nothing about cycling. Howeever none of the fish died. Although I had to them all back at different times due to aggression issues.

I was never allowed to keep fish as a child. Every year at the fair I'd beg my dad 'pleeease can we win one of the goldfish?' and he wouldn't let us because he said it was cruel how they were kept, and people would then just go home and flush them down the toilet because they couldn't look after them. And he was totally right. But I'd still plead every year.

I'll be getting my first fish in a week or so :good:

I suppose my first fish were a joint effort as a 13 year old - me and my best friend clubbed together and bought a bowl (gasp) gravel and 2 goldfish, just in fresh water, one died within a week, the other about a month before it died...not suprising

At the same age, I always admired a neighbours goldfish, he was just in fresh water, no dechlor etc in a square plastic small tank that lived on top of their fridge freezer, and he was the biggest fattest goldfish called pig!! He came from the local fair, and I thought it odd as they didnt have fish as prizes at the local fair, and it transpired that they had stopped giving away goldfish a long time ago, and the fish was 20 years old!! Their daughter won him as a young child!

I then bought a boyfriend a fish tank for his birthday, was about 20, and ever since nagged my mum and dad for fish for christmas, and for years and years they told me no (yes even as a big girl I nagged!!) And last year, I bought my very own 1st proper tank and I still have it, its a 60l Jewell, but I didnt know entirely what I was doing, really overstocked it and lost loads due to new tank syndrome. The upside of the story is, I still have 6 tiger barbs, and my 4 platys that I got, theyre going strong and now, have 3 tanks!!!! My 60l, a 150l and a 110l!!!!!!!

Have a nice collection now incblack widows, dwarf gourami, odessa barbs, bosemani, serpae, horseface loaches, a pictus, plenty of corys, a common plec, adf and plenty more!!

Am so happy I found TFF, its given me a wealth of knowledge and helped me out no end

melon barbs ... such a nice fish :D

when i read the title i thought this said .. when and what was your first fish ATTACK LOL i was guna write about my pleco and the shops snakehead but no :/

A 5 gal tank when I was 15. With 3 guppies that all died due to me not knowing about the cycleing. Then I got 2 mollies and 2 pepper Cory at the same time I got my male betta a
who lived in a 1 gal jar for 5 years.

mine was a 14L tank with 1 male and 1 female paradise fish. After a few month's they breeded and that was when i was 12. I am 13 now and have a 95L tropical tank of my own in the living room. I still have only one of the paradise fish babys with her mom and dad. She takes ages to grow! I can't wait until she gets full size! :hyper:

Mine was the typical fairground fish :rolleyes:

First proper tank was my 35litre which was a bit of a presant from my other half, it did have 2 goldfish when i first got it :crazy: but then i found the forum and it now houses the first tropical fish i ever bought, one of my bettas Radish, now i have 5 tanks and hardly any money :unsure:

Can't remember how big my tank was, but my first tank was a breeding pair of Kribensis. My dad always had a huge tank in the living room when we were growing up and when the Kribs looked like breeding we moved them to a smaller tank in my bedroom. That was about 20 years ago. I ended up with so many baby Kribs that i didn't know what to do with them anymore and had to end up taking them all to the pet shop. Think I ended up with some glowlight tetras, peppered corydoras and red dwarf gouramies after that.

My first fish was a feeder gold fish that I kept in a cookie jar.

yup.

Clear plastic cylinder, 6L or 8L capacity. Did it with an undergravel filter and kept it on our kitchen counter. I was about 16 or so. #41#### fish lived for ages... Mohawk was his name.

next setup was an Eclipse System 6. Had it for 4 or 5 years, but had to give it away when I moved cross-country for school.

When I was a kid - about 5 baby goldfish in a 2 gallon glass bowl

They didn't last very long.

In June - 5 neon tetras in a 3 gallon tank

Needless to say that didn't turn out well, but I still have three of them and they are doing really well!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back