What Was You Last Meal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just tried doing chicken in breadcrumbs for the first time- not bad. I chopped a chicken breast into bite size chunks, dipped in beaten egg and rolled in a mix of ciabatta breadcrumbs and mixed dried herbs with some garlic. Fry until crispy and cooked through.

Chicken with chorizo and wine.

2 pounds of Chicken breasts ,legs and wings in the bottom of a glass meatloaf mold/try thingy.Add in about 3 inches of Chorizo cut in to cubes and smoked paprika.

add in about a glass or two of red wine.

When cooking you must cover it in tin foil and baste about every 10 min.

This was just some random idea i had last night and man was it good. :hyper: :hyper:

If any one wants the full recipe and times and such just let me know i will wright it up for you. :good:

did a homemade curry for the first time last night

chopped onion and fried it off in garlic

chopped up pork and put it in a big bowl with oil, garam masala, chilli powder, corriander, ginger and tomatoe puree, stirred it round with my hands so it was nicely coated, shouted at Ian to stop cleaning the fluva in the kitchen sink while i'm trying to cook

put the pork into the pan and fried it off

added some stock and a load of double cream, simmered it down to required consistency

Chinese Chicken

This is actually a Rosemary Conley recipe but my whole family loves it and its 400 Kcal per serving / serves 4

chop into bite sizes 4 chicken breasts No skin and fry them dry until ther are brown, then add 1-2 chopped onions and fry for a couple of minutes add 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce and 2 chicken stock cubes mixed with 50 ml water, add black pepper and put a lid on tight, reduce heat and cook for 20 mins stiring occasionally

When the chicken is cooked take the chicken out of the gravy and set aside then in a cup put 3 tablespoons of cold water and add 2 teaspoons of cornflour and stir for a minute, add to the gravy and stir continuously until a creamy consistency

serve with boiled rice

honestly its very tasty, prep time is 5 mins and the whole meal is ready in under 1/2 hr also tastes as good as a chinese take away.

i also have a great strawberry dessert recipe if anyone is interested for 100 cals per person

I just went fast food for my last meal...

3 KFC Buffalo Snackers, Patato Wedges, and a Mountain Dew...

yum

Chinese Chicken

This is actually a Rosemary Conley recipe but my whole family loves it and its 400 Kcal per serving / serves 4

chop into bite sizes 4 chicken breasts No skin and fry them dry until ther are brown, then add 1-2 chopped onions and fry for a couple of minutes add 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce and 2 chicken stock cubes mixed with 50 ml water, add black pepper and put a lid on tight, reduce heat and cook for 20 mins stiring occasionally

When the chicken is cooked take the chicken out of the gravy and set aside then in a cup put 3 tablespoons of cold water and add 2 teaspoons of cornflour and stir for a minute, add to the gravy and stir continuously until a creamy consistency

serve with boiled rice

honestly its very tasty, prep time is 5 mins and the whole meal is ready in under 1/2 hr also tastes as good as a chinese take away.

that dish sounds gooooood, must check if my lot will eat it, don't think my mum will, but sure my dad and sister will give it a go.

last meal i had was lunch, just a sandwich. tonight is homemade lasagne. meat sauce is homemade, bechamel sauce is homemade, lasagne sheets aren't homemade! hahaha not yet anyways, we need to get a pasta machine thingy first.

question tho, the recipe says to use red wine, which we currently substitute with a stock, however we would like to try the red wine instead.

the recipe just says red wine (only 150ml) but as we are not red wine drinkers, we are not sure what kind of red wine to use, any suggestions? thanks

Chinese Chicken

serve with boiled rice

that dish sounds gooooood, must check if my lot will eat it, don't think my mum will, but sure my dad and sister will give it a go.

last meal i had was lunch, just a sandwich. tonight is homemade lasagne. meat sauce is homemade, bechamel sauce is homemade, lasagne sheets aren't homemade! hahaha not yet anyways, we need to get a pasta machine thingy first.

question tho, the recipe says to use red wine, which we currently substitute with a stock, however we would like to try the red wine instead.

the recipe just says red wine (only 150ml) but as we are not red wine drinkers, we are not sure what kind of red wine to use, any suggestions? thanks
If I was using Red Wine in a recipe I would buy a Claret from the supermarket for around £3 a bottle, but if your not going to finish the bottle ( I would ) that would be quite a waste, Im sure most supermarkets sell half bottles of red wine or even try a can of red wine, for a recipe it would be fine.
hope that helps

Not a huge lot of great home cooked meals here, bad lot aren't we? :lol:

Today we were tired, Dylan was a little git when we were out shopping this afternoon (I am off work sort of sick and am home for a while) and so I told him we were all having a nap when we got home.

When I went to put him to bed, I came down to find Dan and he'd gone, so I went back up stairs and he was in bed too - so I joined him and went for a nap as well. This was about 3:30ish?

Anyway, when we all woke up at 7pm, lol......

So, we abandoned the plans for cauliflower and broccoli cheese with bacon, and broke out the cheese and crackers - 3 types of cheese, big box of assorted crackers, sliced German sausage, cherry tomatoes, little pork pies, clemantines, fromage frais and a bunch of other "more like Christmastime" stuff.

This is one of Dylans favourite teatime "meals", and we sat and watched Spiderman cartoons on Jetix and snacked out.

Real food back on the menu tomorrow.

Last thing I ate was...

Tamales <3

Preperation:
-go to costco
-buy tamales
-go home
-put them in microwave
-EAT!

You cant go wrong with Mexican food. I love it :D

omg I think we are really boring, I was just rereading this thread and in my above post, I say we were going to have cauliflower and broccoli cheese with bacon....well we just had that again tonight, lol.

I must vary my menus more....

Just had some absolutely gorgeous prawns. Dead easy too- made a rubbish batter with egg, milk, flour, salt and five spice (if I made them again I might put honey and soy sauce in), coat prawns in flour then batter, fry (I shallow fried because it's easier than deep frying). Serve with whatever you like- dipping sauce, rice, 'teva. I had loads and I still want more...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back