What was you highest achievement in the hobby?

Wow, that's amazing. I've never had the guts to try discuss, let alone breed them. It's fascinating how they feed off the parent's mucous secretions.

My highest achievement is probably the only aquarium action I have going on right now: About three years ago I built a 150g planted rainbowfish aquascape for a local dentist's office. I used all the skills and knowledge accumulated over several years of learning to make ecologically balanced, semi-natural planted tanks. I am very pleased with it. So are the clients, and best of all it is greatly enjoyed by lots of nervous people waiting for their appointments. It is still going strong; in fact, I haven't had even any minor problems with it for over a year. It's fun making people happy, and I feel very blessed to be paid to pursue my hobby. :)

Wow, that's amazing. I've never had the guts to try discuss, let alone breed them. It's fascinating how they feed off the parent's mucous secretions.

Thanks. You are so right. Looking at fry attached to the parent's body is amazing. And their spawning "dance" is also a great sight.

My highest achievement is probably the only aquarium action I have going on right now: About three years ago I built a 150g planted rainbowfish aquascape for a local dentist's office. I used all the skills and knowledge accumulated over several years of learning to make ecologically balanced, semi-natural planted tanks. I am very pleased with it. So are the clients, and best of all it is greatly enjoyed by lots of nervous people waiting for their appointments. It is still going strong; in fact, I haven't had even any minor problems with it for over a year. It's fun making people happy, and I feel very blessed to be paid to pursue my hobby. :)

I would love to have a large rainbowfish tank. Do you have any pictures?

My biggest accomplishment? Not killing the fish! Lol!!! When I was breeding and selling black moors, I guess. Loved doing it. Oh, selling my pond fish to a few ranches/farms in NE Texas too. Wait, I forgot...MY FISH ROOM!

Cool! I was also able to breed Betta imbellis, but I did not raise the fry. Had to give them away. Here is a video of the fry eating baby brine shrimp:

Oh, hey. I remember watching that video! :)

My highest achievement would be a tossup- either my having kept a few simple species of plants alive, or having bred a couple species of fish.
Although the second one was really unintentional, and should probably be disqualified.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back