what type of shrimp or other bottom feeders will be best?

hesseonavy

Reaction score
I am looking for shrimp or any bottom feeder that will help keep my 120 gallon clean(er). i have a few tiger barbs, 3 angel fish, 2 rainbow sharks and a few other non aggressive fish. Shrimp, snails, or fish that will clean up the extra food and if possible, waste. I have been into the fish keeping world for almost 1.5 years but still have many questions about this life style. Any help/feedback would be appreciated.

The angels will eat shrimp. I like loaches because they look really cool depending on the species and they are really good at cleaning in my experience. What kind of substrate do you have?

The angels will eat shrimp. I like loaches because they look really cool depending on the species and they are really good at cleaning in my experience. What kind of substrate do you have?
I have aquarium sand, maybe 2 inches with some aquarium pebbles mixed in.

No fish will eat waste. Snails will (this is their primary food).

Unfortunately loaches would not likely work here, given the two Rainbow sharks. Neither will Corydoras. None of these are good as scavengers anyway. Shrimp might eat uneaten fish food, but the other fish in this tank will readily eat shrimp.

Shrimp make tasty treats for majority of fish in your tank.
Snails do a pretty good job of eating algae and uneaten food.

Snails would be the best/pretty much only option here :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back