What Type Of Platy Is This

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snork6

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have added some photos but can anyone tell me what type of platys this is. I get them from the pet store and have them in my 5 gallon breeder tank to get all the fry out of them so i can start my own line of fish thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 39
Looks like a male.

eaglesaquarium said:
Looks like a male.
its not a male unless males can have babies LOL. she has had 3 babies so she is a female. what I wanted to know is she like a certain type of platy like a gold dust, sunburst ETC.

snork6 said:

Looks like a male.
its not a male unless males can have babies LOL. she has had 3 babies so she is a female. what I wanted to know is she like a certain type of platy like a gold dust, sunburst ETC.

Ah... thought I saw a gonopodium, but the pictures aren't really conducive for identifying gender or 'strain'. 

You'll need to provide better pics for a more accurate identification.  Those are rather difficult.  The fish is either in shadow or blocked. 

ok let me see if i can get better ones

heres some better pics

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 43
Definitely female.  :lol:

Looks like a faded sunburst.  The colors seem a bit pallid. 

k thank you

eaglesaquarium said:
Definitely female.  
laugh.png

Looks like a faded sunburst.  The colors seem a bit pallid. 

it's a type of blue. but trying to developo your own line is very difficualt, you want to start off with two different types of platy. google the hi fin's or plume tail, and then google bleeding heat platies, you can then try mixxing these blood lines and see what happens.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back