What Type Of Plate Coral Is This

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mark7616

potatoes
Reaction score
What type of plate coral is this the shop recons its rare im not so sure???

Picture610.jpg

Long tentacled plate coral. Not really that rare here in the states, dunno about in the UK. A pretty hardy LPS

Not a hugely rare coral but not your everyday one either here in the UK. It tends to be a bit more difficult to find a good long tentacle plate with good colouration. That green with white tips looks nice though. There seems to be a problem getting good quality LPS and SPS corals in the UK at the moment. I have spoken to our suppliers in work and I can't get hold of much or interest so you may find thay the prices are unusually high right now.

Yeah, the UK puts many more restrictions on hard coral imports than over here. The low supply of course drives cost up :(

I paid £34.90 for it or $68.75 as ski is in on the topic I do not feel that is to bad what do you guys think they also throgh in a small kenya tree for free I have a good relationship with my lfs.

That's a good price. I paid £40 for my pink tipped Helio which is about 20cm diameter. :good:

my lfs guy always gives me little freebies every time i go there like a samll button polyp, a lone mushroom, etc. he is really nice

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back