🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

neocyber_16

Reaction score
plant1

Attachments

• test1.JPG
    test1.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 83
I don't think plant #1 is a true aquatic plant. Are the leaves stiff and it is able to stand on it's own out of the water? I have seen that plant before in a pot at someone's home. If it isn't an aquatic plant, it will only last for a short while submerged

iv heard once that variagated plants are not good aquatic plants... and the other one looks more like broccoli :p

ask ryan or rose or sum1, theyre plant experts

Echo Rain on both plants.

"Lateral Line" said:
Echo Rain on both plants.
I don't understand.

I don't think the first plant is the spider plant rain- mentioned. It could be one of those lucky bamboo plants people keep for good luck. If that's the plant, it may stay alive for a while, thought it will not grow. The second plant looks like Rotala wallichii. Under intense light, it'll turn bright pink/red. This plant will get eaten by SAE. So you'll have to pay attention if you do have SAE. HTH.

>>> I don't think the first plant is the spider plant rain- mentioned.

Whatever common name you give it, it is not an aquatic plant. It will die and rot in an aquarium.

The second, well, the picture is a little blurred, you could be right, Although I don't think so, if it is the Rotala species, then it is also a high light, low pH, soft water demanding species. A difficult plant.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back