What type of Betta are these ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tegantnt

Reaction score
New to Betta fish, and struggling to find out what type these are. Initially I thought the blue one (Dobby) was male, turns out he's a she. Found the egg spot. Lol the purple red one is a boy (John doe). Eventually want to breed them. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_155921.jpg
    IMG_20200503_155921.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 95
I believe they are both male but sometimes it’s tricky. Some males actually have what looks like an egg spot when young. Any idea how old they are? They both flare like males. Females can flare but normally not as full.

That's impressive find if it's a female! Wow!

I believe they are both male but sometimes it’s tricky. Some males actually have what looks like an egg spot when young. Any idea how old they are?
I suspected they were both male to start. But then reading up on them and seeing there actions and stuff towards each other it made me question and try and investigate. Coming to a close 0 50 chance either way. Lol

I believe they are both male but sometimes it’s tricky. Some males actually have what looks like an egg spot when young. Any idea how old they are? They both flare like males. Females can flare but normally not as full.
Also unsure of age. Trying to figure that out to. I believe the blue red is young or juvinile and the purple red is juvinile or adult.

Waiting to see if any blow nest bubbles.

Also, the flaring.. the red purple one flares more than the other. And visible more when not flared than the blue red.

Egg spot

Attachments

• IMG_20200504_113258.jpg
    IMG_20200504_113258.jpg
    725.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200504_113058.jpg
    IMG_20200504_113058.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 99
They both look like male Betta splendens to me. They have the black beard under their gills, which females don't have. I have never seen a long fin female.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back