What to temporarily feed a nerite?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

foxgirl158

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello!
I just bought an olive horned nerite from my LFS. I was going to order one online but jumped at the chance to buy one locally before they sold out. He is temporarily in a 1g with mature tank water while I wait to transfer him to my 10g tank in my high school library that is almost done cycling (also adding bb so thatā€™ll finish the cycle nicely). What can I feed him while heā€™s in holding? Thereā€™s no algae in the 1g obviously, because itā€™s not set up all the time.

Pic of the little guy in question :wub:

F862357D-C854-42F4-A82C-473AE510647F.jpeg

Hello!
I just bought an olive horned nerite from my LFS. I was going to order one online but jumped at the chance to buy one locally before they sold out. He is temporarily in a 1g with mature tank water while I wait to transfer him to my 10g tank in my high school library that is almost done cycling (also adding bb so thatā€™ll finish the cycle nicely). What can I feed him while heā€™s in holding? Thereā€™s no algae in the 1g obviously, because itā€™s not set up all the time.

View attachment 153417
You could try algae wafers but my snails completely ignored it. Some people have luck with broccoli.

Why don't you put it in your main tank?

Why don't you put it in your main tank?
Itā€™s really small and I donā€™t want to lose track of it since itā€™s just going in a different tank in a day or two, plus it was in a tank with fish so it might be carrying diseases.

Algae wafers/sticks should do the trick.

Hello!

View attachment 153417

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back