What to look out for? Possible TB?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Why did you turn the light off and stop feeding during treatment?

Deworming medications take effect within a few hours and you don't need to turn the lights out or stop feeding the fish.
Because i'd heard the light can de-activate ( is light sensitive ) some parts of the medication ( sera nematol ). Also i think i read to feed sparingly during treatment with sera nematol. I did feed them, but only once a day. Back to feeding them around 4/5 times now.

Why did you turn the light off and stop feeding during treatment?

Deworming medications take effect within a few hours and you don't need to turn the lights out or stop feeding the fish.
Plus most my fish lost their appetite during treatment anyways. They likely couldn't see the food in the dark.

The instructions for Nematol say to switch off UV light, not to turn off all light. You could have left the tank lights on.

I wonder why the instructions are given in many languages including US (ie English) but the website says "Not for sale in the USA" :huh:

It's still early days for Mr Crook however i decided to make a collage. Top photos shows Mr crook on the 24th of October ( 4 days of owning him ) Bottom photo shows him today on the 3rd November. So this is a 10 day difference. I see no further deuteriation but i do see improvements i think! :eek:) Only time will tell but thank you so much Colin and everyone for reassuring me. One person told me if this had been their fish, it would have been euthanised. But this fish has a lot of fighting spirit. First i treated with Esha GDEX then Sera Nematol and i will be retreating with Sera Nematol in a couple of weeks so as to kill any hatched parasite eggs as you mentioned.
I may have to email the makers of sera nematol about having aquarium lights on during treatment prior to me re-dosing. It'd be nice to know for definite. The reviews of the product by fish people mostly said they'd kept lights off and blocked all light from tank. So i really wasn't sure.

Attachments

• 251378998_1213675889130904_5367321066003860276_n.jpg
    251378998_1213675889130904_5367321066003860276_n.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 61
Wow he looks much better than before. Good on you for trying to help him. :)

How much water movement is in the tank?

Does he sink when he stops swimming?
If yes, he might have a slight swim bladder issue. There's no cure for it but if he only sinks slowly then he should be ok. He is definitely looking a lot better in the second video. He has gained a heap of weight and moves a lot better. :)

Is that the same fish?
It looks like a female. You might have to change the name to Miss Crook :)

You can reduce feeding now if you haven't already, once or twice a day should be fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back