What To Feed Young Discus?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

danb

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

What can i feed young discus? They are around 1 month old now and are eating tetramin currently 3 times a day.

Cheers,

Hi,

What can i feed young discus? They are around 1 month old now and are eating tetramin currently 3 times a day.

Cheers,

They are still pretty young, but I would start trying to offer thinly sliced beefheart along with brine shrimp.

i have some frozen beefheart and frozen brine shrimp, should i just scrape bits off with a Stanley blade? how often should i be feeding them this, and how much? is it possible for me to over feed them?

i used to feed my young a vary of foods i used to crush up tetra prima and i used to feed live brineshrimp but a good alternative to live bs is decapsulated brine shrimp and it goes a long way also , i would feed about 3-5 times a day but make sure you syphon out any uneated food after about 20 mins as this will foul the water, they should also take frozen beef heart and if you thaw it out before you put it in the tank you should have to slice it up they can still rip it off

hth

jagz

Ive just fed them some and was wondering.

There are 11 fry, and they all seem to be healthy and growing; they are around the size of a 5 pence piece. They are in a 30l storage box bare bottom with a sponge air pump filter. At what point should i move them to my 240l tank? Is the filtration in the 240l tank too much? Its filtered by 2 x Tetratec EX1200's

Thanks for the replies

as many said i will also recommend to feed beefheart mixture and frozen brine shrimp...

I would recommend getting a 29 gallon set up for those guys to grow out in. Once they hit the 3.5" you should be fine moving them into your larger tank.

ill struggle getting another tank, i have this 30 litre and then the 240 litre. When should i look at moving them into it? will it be overpowered with 2 x tetratec ex1200.

ill struggle getting another tank, i have this 30 litre and then the 240 litre. When should i look at moving them into it? will it be overpowered with 2 x tetratec ex1200.

The problem is they are much too small to go into such a big tank, but they are going to get stunted in that little one. I would highly recommend getting them into something a little bit bigger so they can grow properly. I wouldn't add them into the big one till they hit the 3-3.5" mark.

looks like im getting a new tank then! you can tell my girlfriend!

What size would you recommend? And what filter for it?

LOL. I would rather not break the news :p

A 29 gallon is a perfect size. What is your tank maintenance routine like?

i clean my tanks once a month whether they need it or not.

Joke.

At the minute im doing 2 water changes a week on the small fry tank and a clean an topup after eating. What sort of filter do i need to get?

LOL. I would rather not break the news :p

A 29 gallon is a perfect size. What is your tank maintenance routine like?

i clean my tanks once a month whether they need it or not.

Joke.

At the minute im doing 2 water changes a week on the small fry tank and a clean an topup after eating. What sort of filter do i need to get?

:lol: Had me going for a second.

I would go for an AC50 or a large sponge filter.

could you link me to a filter you think i should get for a 29g tank?

Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back