What To Feed Sunfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NeonNeptune

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone else keep sunfish and what do you guys feed them?

feed the sunfish frozen bloodworms occasionally. Bloodworms are really high in colestoral and should be a weekly/monthly snack. Stick with live/frozen shrimp when it comes to daily feeding

I've been feeding them big red worms for fishing but switched to feeder minnows. Do you think those are good?

Pretty much anything that moves that a sunfish will eat, is good. I raised 7 baby bluegill (type of sunfish) to adulthood using whatever I could find or had. If I killed a fly with a fly swatter, I scooped up the dead fly and drop him in with the bluegill. If my guppies had babies and I had no room to keep them, in they went.

I left an old waterfall decoration outside even though the pump went missing. I'd regularly empty mosquito larvae out of it, and feed those to the bluegill. Never had a mosquito indoors - they'd eat all the larvae. I raise mealworms too. My betta fish eat the babies, the bluegill ate the rest.

Variety is good. So as long as they are catching and eating the minnows, they are fine. But don't be afraid to toss other things in now and then.

I feed my pumpkinseeds and blue gills NLS pellets and Tetra shrimp pellets. I also feed live blackworms every so often.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back