What To Feed My Netrite Zebra Snail?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

glasgowgirl_786

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick question for suggestions on what to feed my zebra snail. No algae on the tank as it is fairly new ish and whenever I try to drop in a algae wafer he doesn't bother with it and my fish all eat them (even at night - greedy things). Any ideas as to what to give him as I've never actually seen him eat anything and am getting a lil worried. I've heard snails like blanched zucchini but how can I put this in and make sure that the fish don't all go for it and that he actually gets it of he wants it?! My fish steal all his food and at night I don't even know if they give him a chance to get the food he's so slow :/ suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

When you put zucchiniin the tank make sure it's a big piece so that if your fish do eat it they won't be able to eat it all. After so long they will leave it alone and at some point your snail will eat it. You can leave it in the tank for 24hrs. I have 6 zebra nerites with tang cichlids and find that the snails are very active and arnt shy. Even when you start to get a little algae it's a good idea to still feed them as the algea alone won't be enough for them to thrive.

Ok I'll try that! :) can't imagine the fish giving up and leaving the food alone until they ate it all but if yours do then I'm sure mines will too, thanks!

Nerite snails cannot be fed directly, only through having algae on hard surfaces that they randomly frequent will they be able to feed. Put your tank in some direct sunlight or grow more algae another way if you wish to feed it.

Most reactions

Back