What To Feed Adfs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nikkifro8994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What should I feed african dwarf frogs? Will they eat ghost shrimp? I have frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp to feed them. They are both hikari brand. Are that ok on this or do they need hbh pellets too? Can they eat mosquito larvae? I have a bucket full of water in my backyard with larvae in it. I scoop some out every few days and put some in all of my fish tanks. The fish go nuts. Would the frogs like these too? How often should I feed them? Every day feed pellets and feed bloodworms as a treat. Is this good? Or can I give then bloodworms and brine shrimp every day?

Sorry for all of the questions. I want to make sure they are well fed and on a proper diet.

Their staple diet should be a prepared food like hbh frog and tadpole food. Not fish food as that doesn't have the right nutrients for them. Live food, of whatever type, should only be fed as a treat, like for fish.

Do you mean adult ghost shrimp or babies? My frog is far too small to eat an adult shrimp. But it loves things the size of bloodworm and smaller.

How often should I give them bloodworms and brine shrimp? Every 2-3 days or once a week

Just once a week for live food.

Bloodworms should only be given as a treat and maybe once a week. Brineshrimp can be given everyother day like HBH frog bites to adults.

What size tank do you have for them? Are they new? Don't be surprised if they don't eat for the first couple weeks while settling in. If the tank is not cycled do extra water changes because a stressed frog (from moving) is more likely to get sick.

The store only sells zoo med bites. I bought them yesterday. They are in a 5 gallon tank. The tank is definitely cycled. It was my fry tank since January.

That's the food I use as the hbh one isn't available in the UK.

Don't be surprised if they don't eat for the first couple weeks while settling in.

I see what you mean about not eating. I feed them every day at the same time in the same place. They are the bloodworms and one at some brine shrimp, but for the most part they haven't touched anything. I leave the food in for an hour. The pellets I suck up with a turkey baster and throw out. I gave the brine shrimp to my fish.

don't offer them a buffet. The bloodworms and shrimp should be used as treats only after they are good about eating the proper food, the pellets.

For now, and for a while after, feed only pellets. When they get hungry, they will eat.

Think of them like pouty children....they have to learn to eat their chicken and vegetables before they can have dessert. If they get dessert with dinner, the peas are going to be left on the plate.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back