What to do with this?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kwi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
When talking about getting some fish for Khaden a friend gave us this 30litre octaganol tank plus filter and plastic plants.
IMG_20200909_144633.jpg

But I can't decide whether to bin it or use it, as you may have noticed there's a bit missing which I suspect was done to feed power to the filter as it's been ground safe.
The filter looks grotty but should clean up and the impeller is in good condition so that'll get kept either way.
We got given a lid, which doesn't fit but I can make a new one easily enough.
The plants are already in the bin.
Any suggestions?

I'd turn into an awesome aquascaped shrimp tank. Not suitable for any fish though, too small with even less horizontal swimming space than a 30 litre rectangular tank, but could make an awesome shrimp or snail tank.

I'd turn into an awesome aquascaped shrimp tank. Not suitable for any fish though, too small with even less horizontal swimming space than a 30 litre rectangular tank, but could make an awesome shrimp or snail tank.
My water is soft so that limits my shrimp choices, or I could harden the water....... something to mull over as Khaden wants shrimp.

My water is soft so that limits my shrimp choices, or I could harden the water....... something to mull over as Khaden wants shrimp.
Or you could look at crystal shrimp (caridinas) which prefer softer water, and come in some gorgeous colours :)

If it were me, I'd create a sloping vertical scape that climbs the back wall, get the most use out of the tank :)

Reactions: kwi

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back