What to do when fish´s treatment is over??!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Tuydark

Reaction score
Title says it all, my pleco got fin rot, I quaratined it and medicated for 3 days (follwed the box instructions) but now that the treament is over what should i do? I´ll keep it in quarantine till it recovers, but should i do a water change ? or should I put carbon in the filter to remove the medication???

yes put carbon in the filter for a few days and that will remove meds and a 50% or more water change would be good...test your levels to be sure they're ok too

Just curious, what did you treat it with?
(Usually all the treatment that is needed for fin rot is water changes)

Daily water changes to dilute any chemicals. Add carbon if you want to use it but water changes will dilute it too and are normally cheaper.

After 2 weeks in quarantine and there have been no other issues during that time, move the fish back into the main tank.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate in the main tank every day or two for 2 weeks before moving the fish back into it.

Clean the filter in the main tank if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

Just curious, what did you treat it with?
(Usually all the treatment that is needed for fin rot is water changes)
sry for the latye response, im not rly sure, i dont remember the name, and im not at the house where the fish is at, I´ll tell you tomorrow, what I can tell you is that it leaves the water fluorescent green, super cool, but i opted for that bcse the fish was already super thin and I didnt notice bcse he hides all the time, i needed the quick sollution

Daily water changes to dilute any chemicals. Add carbon if you want to use it but water changes will dilute it too and are normally cheaper.

After 2 weeks in quarantine and there have been no other issues during that time, move the fish back into the main tank.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate in the main tank every day or two for 2 weeks before moving the fish back into it.

Clean the filter in the main tank if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.
thx a lot mate, very helpfull cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back