What to do, what to do? Overstocking koi pond?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you have any ice on your pond? You can add a aerator to the pond if you do. You will not want to put it right down to the bottom because you don't want to generate a lot of current just keep the ice open on the top or oxygen in the water. You also do not want to disturb the bottom because it is likely a bit oxygen deprived. Watch the air lines in cold weather they can pick up moisture and freeze internally in cold weather.

This is how I keep my gold fish and minnows alive when it gets cold ie <-15 c. My ponds are much smaller than yours and above ground. I don't know much about Koi but I highly doubt that they are still having issues from the shipping 4 months ago.

Do you have any ice on your pond? You can add a aerator to the pond if you do. You will not want to put it right down to the bottom because you don't want to generate a lot of current just keep the ice open on the top or oxygen in the water. You also do not want to disturb the bottom because it is likely a bit oxygen deprived. Watch the air lines in cold weather they can pick up moisture and freeze internally in cold weather.

This is how I keep my gold fish and minnows alive when it gets cold ie <-15 c. My ponds are much smaller than yours and above ground. I don't know much about Koi but I highly doubt that they are still having issues from the shipping 4 months ago.
No it’s not entirely frozen. There is a thin layer of ice and slush around the edges, but that’s it. We have a de icer and a water going

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back