What To Add To My 200L Tropical Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TanyaF

Reaction score
Hi

I have had tropical fish tanks for quite a few years now but have all been 100L or less. I now have a 200L tank and would like some help with what fish to add. 

It is a planted tank that currently has the following:
2 Bristlenose plecs
5 corys
9 zebra danios
6 golden barbs
3 tiger barbs
3 green tiger barbs

(obviously fully cycled and has been running for around 9 months)

I would like to add more colour if possible and also something different than I have had before (I have had all the typical community tank fish such as all livebearers, and had kribs and african dwarf frogs)

I also have a shrimp tank with neon tetras, cherry shrimp and amano shrimp.

It would be nice if I could have some larger types of shrimp in the 200L but I doubt any would last.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

although common i think large shoals of tetras like rummy nose look really stunning in a larger tank, in addition to this youve got room for some nice centre piece fish like angels but id b a bit wary of the tiger barbs you have nipping them :)

personaly i would add 3 tiger barbs in there and 3 gold barbs and 3 more corydoras

I thought about Angels but they get to big and the barbs would nip them to much. I was thinking of adding another 3 tigers but I wanted to decide what other fish I will add first incase I wont have enough spare for anymore. Any other thoughts anyone?

What about Bolivian Rams? You could have a pair in there. They are mostly bottom dwelling fish so not sure if they are what you're looking for but you could add to the barb numbers and just have them and the danios as you middle/upper inhabitants and then have the corys/BN/Bolivians on the bottom. 

Your tank already seems pretty full to me. But that's coming from someone who always understocks, so don't take it from me! I had Bolivian Rams and loved them in my 55 community, so +1 on those. Very fun fish to watch and can be pretty colorful in the right water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back