What to add next?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

geddy

Reaction score
I have a 36 gallon tank with an Angel fish, 2 glo fish a black skirt tetra and I just added a flame dwarf gourami and another Glo fish 2 days ago.. wondering what would be another option to add to my tank when I return to the pet store in 3-4 weeks? When I had a tank years ago I had an angel fish some gouramis and a red tail shark but I'm told now that the shark and angel are not a good idea

Ok thanks...so would you have a suggestion as to what would be a good next addition to my tank?

I have a 36 gallon tank with an Angel fish, 2 glo fish a black skirt tetra and I just added a flame dwarf gourami and another Glo fish 2 days ago.. wondering what would be another option to add to my tank when I return to the pet store in 3-4 weeks? When I had a tank years ago I had an angel fish some gouramis and a red tail shark but I'm told now that the shark and angel are not a good idea
Which type of glo-fish do you have?

The glo fish and the black skirt tetra are schooling fish, meaning they need to be in groups of the same species. So I would get another five black skirt tetra this time, so the one you have isn't alone.

Then once you've found out which species your glo fish are, get more of the same species so there are at least six of them. They don't all have to be glo fish, but if they're zebra danio glofish for example, a group of six or more normal colours or the glo ones, will be needed. But wait a few weeks before getting more of the second school, to give your filter time to adjust to the increased bioload.

How about rams? They are in same family as Angelfish and unlike most cichlids they arent aggressive I heard.

I meant electric blue rams. I research them and they supposed to be a peaceful cichlid species and dont grow too big. I have 3 and they leave my neons and other fish alone. they do challenge each other for hierarchy though. I think I have 2 males by the way they act. 3rd in unsure of. I post a picture of them when home note they not fully grown yet.

I meant electric blue rams. I research them and they supposed to be a peaceful cichlid species and dont grow too big. I have 3 and they leave my neons and other fish alone. they do challenge each other for hierarchy though. I think I have 2 males by the way they act. 3rd in unsure of. I post a picture of them when home note they not fully grown yet.
Oh, well that could be a problem. The species you mention are Mikrogeophagus ramirezi. These cichlids are peaceful to a certain extent and if they have enough room. In a 36 gallon I doubt there is sufficient space for 3, especially if two are male. Once they reach maturity they will kill each other, and the third if it is a male or they do not want to bond to it. Is there any other points about the rams @Byron?

Really? From my google search and YouTube they claim they are peaceful.....if they do become a issue I have another aquarium I can move them to if needed but so far they seem fine

20200915_133701.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back