What the heck

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

StanTheBetta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well as I've been posting (whining) about for the last 2 months I've been having hell trying to get my 10 gal tank to cycle. I'd test the water every 2 or 3 days and the ammonia would be like 3.0 at least. So anyways last week I order a penguin 125 and received it monday. I added the filter that very day and now 4 days later ammonia and nitrite is at 0?! How can this be seeing as how the last time I checked there was still high ammonia? Could it just be the increased aeration? *shrug* anyways I'm happy. Hopefully the tank can support a female betta for a while until I get her a new home because she was giving to me by someone that was either gonna give her away or flush her and I couldn't let that happen.

Glad to see it has finally happened. Sometimes things just dont happen according to the game plan and as you know that can be frustrating. But now comes the fun part. Hope your betta has fun in her new home. :)

Hi StanTheBetta :)

I'm glad to learn that your tank is finally ready. :clap:

Why not keep that nice betta and get a school of corys to keep her company? It's a great combination! :thumbs:

Interesting!! Congrats! :thumbs: Just wanted to say that a similiar thing happened to me when my 10 gallon was cycling. The nitrites had been sky high for weeks, and one day POW were completely gone. Weird how it happens. :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back