What The Heck Is This?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Okay so I made a post about something on one of my new plants (the kind that are sold in plastic tubes so they are suppose to be snail free and such) and I noticed something weird on it (here's the link) and I didn't get an answer as to what it was so I just went a head and took the plant out to be safe. Sometime today while I was at work this developed on my snail.
securedownload.jpeg

What is it?!? And how to I get it off of my snail and out of my tank. I have a baby betta in the tank as well. I noticed something white on it's belly but I think it might just be the skin changing color but because I'm paranoid here's a pic of the fish too.
securedownload1-1-1.jpeg

Help please!!!

Nerites dont produce those type of eggs, not sure though.

Can you provide a clearer picture?

Can you remove the whatever it is?

sawickib said:
Nerites dont produce those type of eggs, not sure though.
Their eggs look like sesame seeds. But that snail doesn't really look like a nerite to me. The shell is a different shape. Either way, it's definitely not nerite eggs. 

The plant came in one of those tubes, correct? Perhaps it's a group of those styrofoam beads which are sometimes in there.

It is a tiger. And I'll try and get a better picture later (I still have classes for today so I'm not near my tank right now). And idk if I can remove the bit on its fless because when it goes into the shell the stuff is stuck to it.

I was looking at my snail and I couldnt see any of the unknown substance on him O.O idk what the flippy flap is going on. I did a quick glance around my tank (I had to go do stuff) and I didn't see anymore in there. Has anyone else incountered this stuff?!?

After googling snails with leaches it doesn't look like what was on my nerite? BTW what's the difference between a snail and nerite? Because at pecto the have it labeled at tiger snail.

Nerite is the species of snail, which have different subspecies within it, i.e. tiger nerites, zebra nerites and horned neritres, snail is a very broad topic, with thousands of species of snails falling under it. Theres apple snails, malaysian trumpet snails, mystery snails, pond snails, ramshorn snails, and many more including marine types.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back