What Test Kits Do You Use?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Funny thing is the strips don't have anything like silca gel to help keep moisture out of the test strip containers. Plus they don't test for ammonia. I prefer the liquid API test kit, and also haven't has any issues with one reagent/solution running out before another for those kits with a two part test.
API tests are inaccurate as far as liquid test list go. It is a color match, which means it’s very hard to distinguish exact readings.

API tests are inaccurate as far as liquid test list go. It is a color match, which means it’s very hard to distinguish exact readings.
Not in my, as well as many other's experience....I won't test with anything but the API Freshwater Master Test Kit

Virtually all testers - strips and liquids - rely on matching a colour to a chart. Very few testers use other ways of reading test results.

API, Tetra, Salifert, NT Labs, Sera, JBL etc all use colour charts to read the result. You can't single out one brand as being inaccurate because it uses colour charts when the majority also do.

Virtually all testers - strips and liquids - rely on matching a colour to a chart. Very few testers use other ways of reading test results.

API, Tetra, Salifert, NT Labs, Sera, JBL etc all use colour charts to read the result. You can't single out one brand as being inaccurate because it uses colour charts when the majority also do.
I said earlier that color-match test kits are not AS ACCURATE as digital testers.

I said that the most accurate tester readily available in the hobby are the Hanna line of digital testers.

Not in my, as well as many other's experience....I won't test with anything but the API Freshwater Master Test Kit
They are good for general testing, but when you need accurate readings, they aren’t helpful.

API tests are inaccurate as far as liquid test list go.
This makes it sound as though you think that only the API testers are inaccurate. I was pointing out that API is not the only brand which uses colour charts. It would have been better if you'd said "all liquid testers which use colour charts are inaccurate"

I said earlier that color-match test kits are not AS ACCURATE as digital testers.

I said that the most accurate tester readily available in the hobby are the Hanna line of digital testers.

They are good for general testing, but when you need accurate readings, they aren’t helpful.
it's good to know that someone else uses electronic testers, too. at least i'm not the only one with more than $50 in my pocket. matching ph to a color chart is such a hassle and too inaccurate when i need to lower it.

it's good to know that someone else uses electronic testers, too. at least i'm not the only one with more than $50 in my pocket. matching ph to a color chart is such a hassle and too inaccurate when i need to lower it.
I didn’t even know those exist. Cool.

THANK YOU. Someone else has seen the truth.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back