FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ReynaDeana

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 3.5 gallon tank right now and I saw some African dwarf frogs at the store the other day and I thought they looked so cool! I haven't bought one, but I would like to. I've kept freshwater invertebrates before, so I have a little experience, just not with african dwarf frogs. I've read some websites that say a 3.5 gallon tank is fine, but I've also read some that say you can keep more than one in a 3.5 gallon tank and that doesn't sound right to me. I've also read that they need a 10 gallon. I'm not sure which size tank I need to have

I kept two in a 10 gallon tank and they lived for about a year. I had no idea what I was doing at the time because I hadn't found TFF yet. So I have no idea if my tank was the right size for them.

I've never kept them before, but most sources seem to agree that about 3.5 litres of water is required per frog you have. Lots of people use a 10G because it is a good size for a small community of them. In a 3.5G you might get 3, maybe 4, but that would be pushing it I think.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back