What Shrimps Are Ideal For Coldwater Aquariums?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dipsydoodlenoodle

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
What shrimps are ideal for coldwater aquariums? I have an old fish tank which I am donating to my boyfriend and he would like to keep shrimp in it. I am wondering; what kind of shrimp would he have in the tank (30" by 12" by 12") and what do they eat?

What shrimps are ideal for coldwater aquariums? I have an old fish tank which I am donating to my boyfriend and he would like to keep shrimp in it. I am wondering; what kind of shrimp would he have in the tank (30" by 12" by 12") and what do they eat?

nearly all of the dwarf species, including cherrys, tigers, amano

I did google it but it didn't say.

I THINK they eat algae (I did see that ghost shrimps can eat fish food) but since I don't know and I am LEARNING I am asking questions so that I do not to it wrong!!! I guess I'll ask in a pet shop for info then since it's too stupid a question to ask on here. Like you were never learning once!

I did google it but it didn't say.

I THINK they eat algae (I did see that ghost shrimps can eat fish food) but since I don't know and I am LEARNING I am asking questions so that I do not to it wrong!!! I guess I'll ask in a pet shop for info then since it's too stupid a question to ask on here. Like you were never learning once!

why not use all the site has to offer in resources first, thats what i did, and then if i did have any querys then i would cross reference it on here with people.
Shrimp eat anything you give them, they are scavengers, although plants will not be touched.

Well I did ask it in my first question. I just didn't think that a tiny answer would be so much trouble. I don't see other people geting dissed so much for in my opinion asking even more obvious questions. Point is we all learn at some point and in my opinion I prefer the answers from people who have been there, done that and got the t-shirt rather than some site on google. I have tried the search on here but to no success (yet).

Crystal red shrimp or Crystal black shrimp colony would be splendid mixed in with a colony of red cherry shrimp or snowball shrimp. You want to keep to only one species of Cardinia and one of Neocardinia to prevent hybridising if you want to sell excess stock. Plenty of moss and driftwood with lots of knooks and crannies (use a drill to make lots of caves and holes) in looks great with perhaps some short grasses like Echinodorus tennellus and some elodea framing at the rear and side. You could have some WCMM or Endlers if his home is above 16C all year round inside. www.petshrimp.com is an excellent resource to get the basics down. Feed them as varied a diet as possible they will eat virtually anything providing it is well washed and fresh.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back