what shrimp could they be??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

millym

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi
just bought some shrimpy things for our fw tank. lfs called them algae eating shrimp & yup they seem to be eating algae but we'd like to know more about them. theyre yellowish brownish see throughish with a goldish stripe down their spines & seem to have little brown spots along their bottom edges &about 2cm big. fascinating to watch & 2 of them have shed their shells since we got them ( a week ago) must be all the FOOD theyre getting in their new home.
any clues?? any shrimp experts out there??
any help most appreciated........thanks :)

Sound somewhat like ghost shrimp...

How big are they"? ARe they semi-transperant? Can you see their organs?

yes you can see their insides & theyre about 2cm long & about 1/2 cm at their widest. i dont know how to attatch a pic to this post . anyone know?? :D

At a guess Id say they were ghost shrimp too by the size and you mentioned the line down there back, mine gets a line when it eats i think its the food!?!?! see my tropical site and look for ghost shrimp if that is what you have there is some info on them there,

See in my sig for link to tropical home page. :D

They are Alot like ghost shrimp but not quite. Amano shrimp are often refered to as alge eaters. oh and the gold strimpe and blob and dots are a result of what they are eating. My ghosts shift from red to brown depending on what I've been feeding them.

Opcn

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back