FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

What should I put in 10 gallon tank?

• Total voters

Caroline2000

Reaction score
hey guys :) I have just bought a 10 gallon tank after my betta died and I wanted to try something new. I'm looking for suggestions on how to stock it. At the minute I'm thinking about livebearers although I would only get males because I'm not wanting fry.
  • Guppies? Platies? Mollies? Endlers?
  • Something else?
  • Can I put guppies AND platies in together in a tank this size? How many of each would be best?
  • How many fish would live happily in 10 gallons?
I want to get some plants in there and get it cycled before adding any fish so I'm not in a rush but I'd love to hear what you think and get any tips:fish:

Last edited:
Mollies get far too big and it's too small for platies as well. Guppies are do-able but endlers would be better.
This is assuming you have hard water as all these are hard water fish. if you have soft water there are other options.

Mollies get far too big and it's too small for platies as well. Guppies are do-able but endlers would be better.
This is assuming you have hard water as all these are hard water fish. if you have soft water there are other options.
Yup I've got hard water which was one of the reasons I thought these guys would be good

In that case, if it was my tank I'd have 6 to 8 male endlers :) Bright little jewels always darting round the tank and showing off to each other. I used to have some before I realised my water was a bit too soft.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back