What seeds can implant in my tank.

Daionurfeet

Reaction score
Hi there I am looking, for seeds that I can start in my new aquarium. I have kept many aquariums but would love to plants the substrate up with seeds of mixed variety and watch them come to fruition.

I have seen many different types of home named seeds like "love grass" and the like, (most of us have been tempted I'm guessing to try these types.) But with bad germination rates I guess it's easier to plant up a precultivated plant and let it spread. But that's exactly my point, I have done this time over so would love to try something new. I have a few varying sizes tanks I could use so if anyone has any ideas then please let me know. And variety too. Most of these "cheap seeds" seem like ground scaping types, I want to try all sorts. Tall, short, big, small, ideally if they will fill out and spread even better.

Thanks for the time,

James

Most aquarium plants propagate from runners, rhizomes, and cuttings.

If you decide to use seeds, make sure to buy them from a place you trust. Many "aquatic seed packets" are not true aquatic plants. They are usually invasive plants that look very nice at first, but will later rot away. Many people have been sold "aquarium grass seeds" only to find that they are regular grass seeds that die when the plant is fully submerged.

Most aquarium plants propagate from runners, rhizomes, and cuttings.

If you decide to use seeds, make sure to buy them from a place you trust. Many "aquatic seed packets" are not true aquatic plants. They are usually invasive plants that look very nice at first, but will later rot away. Many people have been sold "aquarium grass seeds" only to find that they are regular grass seeds that die when the plant is fully submerged.
some, have worked before. some peopple say over a week it is still alive! maybe anubias seeds are good?

some, have worked before. some peopple say over a week it is still alive! maybe anubias seeds are good?
But anubias grows so slowly at that stage that is is much cheaper and less labor intensive to wait until the plant doubles it's growth, then split the rhizome. From what I have read,, it takes about 2 year to get to the point where it can be sold as a small plant,, 3 for a large one. The only time you have people really growing from the seeds is large scale commercial, or a very, very slow hobby project. From what I have read they only can produce seeds when emersed, or the leaves are above the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back