What plant is this?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Tropical Tony

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Iā€™ve just bought a new plant from my LFS. I never buy plants without knowing what they are but seen this one and just had to buy. Itā€™s a bulb plant. Was just wondering what type it is. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a type of lotus?

Cheers,

TT
55E3A335-2829-4005-AA30-C6558573328D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

move just bought a new plant from my LFS. I never buy plants without knowing what they are but seen this one and just had to buy. Itā€™s a bulb plant. Was just wondering what type it is. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a type of lotus?

Cheers,

TT
View attachment 121157
I had one of these it died within 3 days of planting it. Not sure what it is though.

Would hazard a guess thatā€™s a house plant rather than an a aquatic plant.

Possibly a Syngonium type plant.
But honestly donā€™t know much about house plant, itā€™s my other half who suggested that! :lol:

Looks like a dwarf lily.. does it have a bulb?

Edit: read your post again, it does have a bulb!

Have a google for Nymphaea stellata

Would hazard a guess thatā€™s a house plant rather than an a aquatic plant.

Possibly a Syngonium type plant.
But honestly donā€™t know much about house plant, itā€™s my other half who suggested that! :lol:

Thanks Ch4rlie. Just had a look and that seems to be what it is! Have you ever kept them before?

Yeh after having a look itā€™s definitely Nymphaea. Anyone had any experience with them? Lovely little plants.

My experience is they don't like to be moved and take a while to get established, don't throw it out if you get complete leaf melt, it will come back slowly.

You will find after a while the plant will send up leaves to the surface (lilly pads). If you dont want the floating leaves you can just prune them at the bottom of the stems.

Some Nymphaea can grow pretty big and need a fair bit of room.

Pretty cool plants tho. I have a green tiger lotus

So I put that plant in about 2 weeks ago and canā€™t believe the difference 2 weeks has made to it haha . Crazy!

18CC58AC-E607-4028-A0FD-58868A91202B.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back