What Names Have You Given Your Fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

branjie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, just curious to know what names people have given their fish. My kids have helped me name mine, so the names aren't too original, but I managed to hold back on using one suggestion from my son "Fishy Fish Fish". Anyway, here's what I've called mine:

Black Ghost Knife Fish: Space Ghost
Guppies x 4: the Guppie Gang
Rummy Nose Tetras x 5: The Rummy Round Up
Dwarf Gourami: Alistair
Crown Tail Betta: still trying to name him
Mollies x 2: Polly and Molly
Swordtails x 2: Nemo and Elmo
Clown Loaches x 2: The Tiger Twins
Plecos x 2: Kirby and Dyson

lets see, i have: all Mollies

Nemo
George
Dory
Twinkle
Long tail
Koffee
Smudge

not all original but all loved. i haven't named the rest as there are too many, the above are my favs

The kids named our two Ancistrus Eddie and Stobart. Also one of the pencil fish is called Gilly, as he damaged one of his gill covers fighting with another male one day.

The kids named our two Ancistrus Eddie and Stobart. Also one of the pencil fish is called Gilly, as he damaged one of his gill covers fighting with another male one day. The apisto's are called Mr Man and Little Miss.

Plecs are in my sig and my son's big goldfish are called The Bish Brothers because when he got them he couldn't say fish and he was calling them "my bishes" :wub:

I also have a pair of banjo catfish that we call The Weirdos - because they are weird looking and they buzz at you if you touch them! and a few Hatches that fly around together that we call The B Squadron.

My old Betta's were Issac (my male), Gabriella (blue female), annnd I think Ruth was the third (red) female ... but I forget, my friends named the two females while I names my yellow male. Man I miss them (they were too aggressive toward each other and I was too new to fish keeping to know what to do. So I returned them ... So off topic though).

My current Mollies are Sarah, Alex and Ray... still trying to sex the younger two (alex and ray) so they've got unisex names. then there's Sarah's 9 fry ... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9, lol! : :rolleyes:

The names I have used are:
spike-German blue ram
Lady, camie- swordtail
bose, devil, thor-boeseami rainbows
I don't make a habit of it and it takes over a year for them to get a name. I just adress them as girl, boy, or guys. Until a name pops into my head one day while I'm watching them, it takes a long time for that to happen :lol: .

My betta's name is Skye. My oldest dd wanted to name it sky because it's blue so I talked her into spelling it different. I have a mostly red platy my youngest dd had to name Lightning (McQueen) The rest are not named because we lost a few and I wasn't too excited to name them. I had a fish a few years ago I just had to name Murrey (Old Madonna movie)

i use generic names

my giant gourami - gourami
biggest parrots - big parrot
nicest color parrot - nice parrot
adopted parrot - mean parrot (he always tries to attack me!)

i just find names fitting for them

Usually I call my fish their common name, but shortened...

"The ornate"
"The keyhole"
"The knife"

Only three of my fish have names:

One of my jurupari cichlids is Stumpy, because he has a deformed mouth from getting a piece of gravel stuck in it AGES ago. The other two are bettas: Melvin and Moustache (said "moose-tash").

All of my other animals have names: scorpion is Ralph, millipede is Milton, and the cats KC and Sam. :)

I named two of my Hi-Fin platys Bubblegum and Flame( They are black with orange)

One of my Congo Tetras is called Chloe
My Plec is called Kerry
I have Steve the Phantom with a big fat eye he's a character
My Rainbow Ram are called Dodge and Ram

My Snowflake Moray is Frosty and my Whitelip Moray is Caliban

The only other fish that we've named is the Dragon Wrasse who is Fiona MKII

mine are named by the gf, so they are a bit crap :lol: :blush:

common plec: Costy-baby (costy as in second half of plecostomus not price wise! and baby because well he was a baby)
bristle nose plec: The grumpus (right old grumpy sod!)
German blue ram: Pretty (it sucks i know)
Climbing spotted perch: Raj (no idea, just like the name)
Amano shrimp: Shrimpy (we have a few, but theres one that stands out since he has a blue tint to him after i forgot about him after dosing for ich!!, he's ok though :lol:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back