What makes you special?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone have any birth marks, quirks, or disabilityā€™s that they are proud of? Iā€™ll go first
I have Leucism(basically Iā€™m partly albino) and I have Touretteā€™s syndrome. Iā€™m also a triplet(two of us are identical(almost) one is ā€œthe deviantā€ as I call her hehe sibling rivalry) and I guess itā€™s not a disability or birth mark but it makes me a lil different so Iā€™m slapping it in here
993B0613-1D28-4852-9D02-ECB5B3BF1EBB.png

Your hair looks awesome! For me i guess is that im an artist šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I'm just a boring person who breeds ditch minnows and occasionally takes pictures of fish. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Hey youre not boring!

Aw thanks! What kind of art do you do? I do some digital pieces but not much itā€™s mostly a side hobby
I cant do digital for the life of me haha. I do pencil, pen, watercolor, acrylic and basically anything but oils, which i do want to try

Well... I'm totally blind in my right eye due to an injury while in the military and the eye looks rather weird but it's still part of me even though it no longer works. It does cause some issues as to depth perception but not anything that the human mind can't overcome if one allows. Two years after losing the sight in the eye I got an MVP award in a softball tournament playing outfield. If playing outfield does not involve depth perception tell me what does.

Your question is a hard one to answer... I guess my best response is that I don't allow anything, whether it be what some would call a disability or outside influences, to be a factor in what I want my life to be.

My outlook on life was not always like this. My outlook was drastically changed when I died. LOL! Read "died" as a near death experience while in the military.

Well... I'm totally blind in my right eye due to an injury while in the military and the eye looks rather weird but it's still part of me even though it no longer works. It does me cause some issues as to depth perception but not anything that the human mind can't overcome if one allows. Two years after losing the sight in the eye I got an MVP award in a softball tournament playing outfield. If playing outfield does not involve depth perception tell me what does.

Your question is a hard one to answer... I guess my best response is that I don't allow anything, whether it be what some would call a disability or outside influences, to be a factor in my in what I want my life to be.

My outlook on life was not always like this. My outlook was drastically changed when I died. LOL! Read "died" as a near death experience while in the military.
How long did you serve? I couldnā€™t imagine losing sight in one or any eyes. You have such a positive out look on life quite inspiring if I do say so myself.

I have always wanted to breed fish in general and even ā€œboringā€people are interesting to others i suppose lol
Breeding fish has been quite enjoyable and a ton of work. I have been enjoying breeding a ton of killifish, mianly from the genus Aphyosemion and Fundulopanchax species, to which one of my friends jokingly call them "ditch minnows." I have also bred Betta channoides as well. An interesting fish with an interesting breeding behavior. Hope you get to breed fish in the future and enjoy as much as I do.

How long did you serve? I couldnā€™t imagine losing sight in one or any eyes. You have such a positive out look on life quite inspiring if I do say so myself.

I served just a couple of years during the 'Nam era".

It's like what I said about needing to be happy with yourself in another thread. When I was 13 my father literally tried to kill me. I went berserk and put him in the hospital. Not something I proud about and it could have destroyed my life but I didn't allow that to happen.

Finally convinced my sister to send me a photo her hair/markings so tada
The bribe was she stole my hoodie šŸ™„ (she also used a filter so her eye/s look brighter then irl because /obviously/ she isnā€™t pretty enough already XD she is even more self conscious then me heh)
1654307825877.png

Well... I'm totally blind in my right eye due to an injury while in the military and the eye looks rather weird but it's still part of me even though it no longer works. It does cause some issues as to depth perception but not anything that the human mind can't overcome if one allows. Two years after losing the sight in the eye I got an MVP award in a softball tournament playing outfield. If playing outfield does not involve depth perception tell me what does.
You're Leela from Futurama playing Blurns ball. :)

------------------
I reckon one of my parents is a demon. I had extra teeth when I was younger. They pulled them out and they grew back. So they pulled those out and they grew back. They pulled the 3rd set out and they didn't grow back. Now I have a normal set of chompers.

I have spare ribs (not the eating kind). My cousin has them too. It's from mother's side of the family.

I have huge ears and really good hearing. Mother said she used to tape them to the side of my head when I was a baby because I looked like a chimpanzee.

I had perfect eyesight for most of my life and could see things most people needed binoculars to see. I have great nocturnal vision, better than the dogs, and I use it to hunt cats.

I have a horn growing above my left eye. If I don't get a second horn above the other eye I am gonna be upset because I will look fuplie ridiculous with one off side horn.

I'm unable to eat fruit n veg and grains. I live on meat and fats.

And I should have been killed years ago when I was hit by a car, flew 30 feet through the air and landed on my head. A few minutes later I got up and walked off the road and sat down in the island and waited for an ambulance. Doctors said I should be dead. Nurses said I should be dead. Everyone that saw me on the road said I looked dead.

That all adds up to me being part demon or something odd. If that doesn't make me something special, then what does?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back