What makes a fishtank look natural?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sunbot

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Plz can you help me?

if you have a natural looking fishtank can you put the pic in a post so i can get a idea what it looks like.

i have already been to the fish gallary on this website :D

sunbot said:
Plz can you help me?

if you have a natural looking fishtank can you put the pic in a post so i can get a idea what it looks like.

i have already been to the fish gallary on this website :D
so yeah to make ur tank look alive u might want to place a piece of bogwood in the background or plant your back wall with REAL plants. you might also wanna put some big rocks and amke some places darker than others by having some plants or something like that!!! have a great time decorating ur tank!!! :)

I ahve found several biotope books at the libary that go into great detail on createing natural tanks as well as the process setup and of course pictures so check there it gives great ideas on commonly availible material, and tells which fish to use it with it all depends on what type of fish your keeping,

What makes a fishtank look natural?

water and fish for the most part, would look very strange empty :D

I've noticed some people here even have themed tanks. They choose a group of fish to keep then read up on what their natural environment looks like.

Stick to regular gravel or even sand! plants across the back to "frame" the setting. If you've got wallpaper with an erm anergetic pattern ;) then get a back drop for your tank else it will never look right.

Wow thank you for all of you. :nod:

Thanks for the pics.Now i know what i need for my tank i need plants and i need some more rocks.

I have a £8 divers helmet and i just got it so i dont want to take it out and not use it so what can i do with it?

the the min i have the helmet in middle of my tank with a artificial plant in side it and i have pulled some of the leaves through the holes in the helmet.

plz help me agen.

cheers ken and others thanks :nod:

Alex :D

It depends what kind of biotope you want ;) However, aquarium looks much more natural when you use HQI lightning - unfortunately it's an expensive system.

I reckon that the substrate is one of the most important factors, i.e not having bright pink gravel. Chosing the correct live plants for the fish (By research) and just adding little things so that it looks like a natural habitat :alien:

my tank is in signature, its my 1st + im working setting up a 55 gal now, i persnolly dont have the time for REAL plants but if ya go with artifical buy GOOD ONES, i have found PENN PLAX, HAGEN , AND LIVING WORLD, to be the most realistic, they start at about $1.49 for small 4" and go up to about $5.99 ea for 18" tall, i like ambula. red ludwigia, and the taller ones in back grouped..then you styarty goimg smaller like dwn to 12" 8" depending on what size tank ya have...and i got several lil ones 4" in asst. areas by rocks etc.....i dont like to place them symetrically but randomly (the smaller for ground ones in front of the tall ones in back) this gives a nic eeffect, and i do LOVE real plants as well, just dont have ther time...what ever ya select introduce lots of dif size rocks too..make sure there inert if gathering them from creek bed (not pouluted see rock threads for more info on cleaning) rocks i think make the tank, shale , small pebbles then smaller flat ones + stack sdome make caves , creavices, its really unlimited what ya can do w/rocks and plants, and someone mentioned too, this takes time while your waiting for amonia to spike + retreat, and its fun while waiting to get your quest THE FISHYS!!! ><}}}}}}*> BE CREATIVE. PLAN IT OUT SKECTH A DRAWING . AND ABOVE ALL TAKE YOU R TIME!!!!

OH well that smy 2 cents, and im a rookie but i think my tank looks pretty awesome....good luck, we all look forward to seeing the end product!!!! TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! aqwa scaping is the funnest part i think of the journey and go to the library + read every book they have, its really relaxing!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back