What looked a earwig was in ma tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guppys34

Reaction score
Hey guy I have just fond a see though creature in ma tank had legs and could climb it was about 2/3 cm in Lengh but I panic and need it and tossed it any ideas what I might be first I have see it and never got a pic got it out stright way I noticed it climbing out my ornament castle any help please

There are various invertebrates that can find their way into aquariums. I'm guessing you've got tropical freshwater, which would narrow things down somewhat. I've found dragonfly larvae in my tanks. Glassworms might fit the description, and are often found in batches of daphnia.

could be anything, next time take a picture before throwing it out :)

There are various invertebrates that can find their way into aquariums. I'm guessing you've got tropical freshwater, which would narrow things down somewhat. I've found dragonfly larvae in my tanks. Glassworms might fit the description, and are often found in batches of daphnia.

Yes freshwater tropical tank I haven't added any thing in about 4 to 5 week done a 50 % water change last night and found today about 2.30pm after returning from kids party I didn't see it this.morning thou it could have been hiding in the gravel of the castle where I saw it climb out from

I introduced some new plants into one of my tanks and none of the fish would go near them. They stayed well over to one side and I couldn't work out why. After a couple of days I saw something crawling about the plants and it looked like a stick insect and was about 4 inches long. I caught it out and disposed of it and then the fish used the plants. But you do sometimes get some weird things in tanks. Most are insects or insect larvae and lots of them eat fish :)

Most reactions

trending

Back