What Kind Of??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

momof2girls

Reaction score
I'm just about ready to set up a 33 gal
tank...I would like to know which is the best fish to start with(no huge fish)
And fish that are disease free (all tropical fish)if there are any
that doesn't have diseases.

Hi - before you do anything, please read the article pointed to in my sig. about avoiding New Tank Syndrome. More fish are killed by poor water quality than ever get killed by disease, and disease is often a symptom of poor water quality. By cycling your tank before you put any fish in it, and keeping a close eye on the water parameters, you can hopefully avoid needless fatalities.

Yes, please, PLEASE learn to fishlessly cycle your tank before you put any fish into it, they will most likely not survive. It drives me crazy that fish stores don't tell you anything about it before you buy a tank. It's great that you found us though! Everyone here is very helpful and will be more than happy to answer your questions. Alien Anna made a wonderful post in the "Beginner Questions" forum. You can find it at the top under Important Topics, called "Avoiding and Treating New Tank Syndrome". It explains basically everything, and if theres anything you don't understand.. by all means, ask! :nod:

:lol: Anna... I didn't even realize that was YOU that had replied and YOUR post that the link was to. :lol:

Yes after you have cycled your tank (one of/The biggest fish killers for newbies) then you can think of getting fish. You could try a betta (like my avatar pic) they are a hardy fish. You could add corys/cardinals etc... cardinals are hardy too. ;)

And fish that are disease free (all tropical fish)if there are any
that doesn't have diseases.

All fish can have the potential to get diseases. However some are more 'hardy' than others.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back