What Kind of Wood is This?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sadness child

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I found this in my garage and I do not know what kind of wood it is. Sorry for the blurry pics.

DSC04367.JPG
DSC04365.JPG

I want to oak? But I could be wrong... @Byron is really good with driftwood.

I doubt that is grapevine, it is not branchy, but there is no way I can tell the species of wood from a photo.

Is there any way I can tell, or should I put it in the tank and see what happens. The tank I am putting it in is a 5 gal with a snail and a very aggressive Dwarf Gourami.

Hmm, a 5 gallon tank for a dwarf gourami, don’t think thats a particularly good idea unless you’re putting it in this tank very temporary for some reason?

I am very aware of this, I just don't have the space, I got him as a community fish, but he harasses any fish he is with until they are dead. The exception is bottom dwelling fish and cleaning fish

I am very aware of this, I just don't have the space, I got him as a community fish, but he harasses any fish he is with until they are dead. The exception is bottom dwelling fish and cleaning fish
I would give him away to your LFS or get a bigger tank. :/

I have a 10 gallon he was in, I need have 3 small male mollies and 2 male phantom tetras. I need them there because in my 46 gal tank there were to many males. I plan on giving them to my LFS, but my water parameters need to be the same as theirs, so I am working on that, then I can move the Gourami into the 10 gallon.

10 is still small for a dwarf, a 20 is way better as theyre fairly large for a 10

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back