What kind of tetra?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SRG66

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! What kind of tetras are these? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
I am NOT an expert at fish identification, but if I could make an amateur guess, I'd say penguin tetra.

I think they are Inpaichthys kerri Gery & Junk, 1977. The usual blue hue is not always strong. If you do a search of images of this species you will find identical ones. This fish has common names, one of which is "blue emperor" so the suggestion of Emperor Tetra is not too far off, they are frequently confused.

How many do you have? This is crucial as this species is active and may turn nippy with insufficient numbers of its own species.

Thank you for the info! I have 6 of them. I was trying to learn about these, and the similar ones that seem to be called the same names interchangeably by some people. It was hard to get info that was consistent across different sources.

Thank you for the info! I have 6 of them. I was trying to learn about these, and the similar ones that seem to be called the same names interchangeably by some people. It was hard to get info that was consistent across different sources.

If you intend keeping them, definitely another six, for 12 total. This applies to the regular Emperor too, should you still think that is what you have.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back