What kind of Goldfish is it?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dexsting

Reaction score
Howdy, I inherited a goldfish (or my 4 year old son did) and it looked sad in it's little goldfish bowl so I bought a 20 gallon aquarium.

Any idea what kind of goldfish it is? Just wondering to be able to better research water temp, food, tankmates, etc.

Attachments

• 20200629_183509.jpg
    20200629_183509.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
  • 20200629_185148.jpg
    20200629_185148.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 53
Howdy, I inherited a goldfish (or my 4 year old son did) and it looked sad in it's little goldfish bowl so I bought a 20 gallon aquarium.

Any idea what kind of goldfish it is? Just wondering to be able to better research water temp, food, tankmates, etc.
It is a common or comet goldfish. Either one are similar fish and have same needs. The goldfish will need a 40 gallon aquarium at least very soon! It's already quite big and gets HUGE in captivity! ;)

a 20 is a heck of a lot better than a bowl!

Gives you some time to look for a very large tank for him :) or build him a pond :p

In all seriousness though - is this something you want to do as there is a big commitment with fish that can attain a foot long?

For example if you were not into this, could you rehome him to a good shop to try and get him into a pond and then look to get a heater for your new tank and maybe think about keeping some orange Platies - which basically look like small goldfish but stay small and manageable especailly in a 20 gallon tank?

Wills

In all seriousness I've been wanting to do this for awhile! This is just the best excuse to finally do it (and get approval from the wife).

How long do you think he'll be ok in this 20gal before I need to upgrade (and them I can turn the 20 gal into smaller fish home).

I had 2 in a 29G for over a year before I built the pond. Goldies are companion fish so get him a friend. They are about .35 at pet shop. I love my pond with my goldfish. I even found a baby the other day. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back