What Kind Of Frog?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Alright I have two male platies & eight platy fry (Mother just died) I have a ten gallon that they are all in except the fry are in a net box. I have large pebbles at the bottom. They are probably all the size of a nickel. So, I would like to buy a frog for my birthday that would be suitable for my tank. What kind can I get?I need something that will stay under water at all times. I just can't find a little froggy hopping around in my room. What kind do you think would work? And if possible a little info about the type too.

I just answered my own question! I want a African Dwarf frog! Would that be suitable? And can I have one all alone. I always feel kinda bad to have one little guy all alone with no buddies. -_- Yet, I can't take the chance of baby tadpoles. :dunno: What now?

You could get a group of the frogs. :good:

Be warned that they will eat fry, but so will the guppies, so yeah. The guppies may also eat their food before they can, but if you feed the guppies first they should get enough.

Alright but I CANT have little tadpoles. So would one be okay all alone or do I need two?

African dwarf frogs should be kept in at least pairs if not more. I have a 90ltr wif 4 frogs along with other fish, they mainly stay at the bottom of the tank only coming up for air every so often.

As for the fry, after a while when they get older the frogs wiil not bother them at all. Not too sure about the sex of my own frogs but so far no wee ones.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back