what kind of frog do I have?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sydney

Reaction score
hi,
my friend got me a little frog for my tank and I have no idea what it is or how to take care of it! :-( I don't know it it is healthy I haven't seen it eat once since I got it. it is always hiding under some drift wood in my tank and I have only seen it a few times!!!!! :unsure: any help on how to take care of this little guy would be REALLY great!!! ;)

Hi sydney :)

The first thing to do is to look at your frog's hands. If it's an African Clawed Frog, it will have pointy little fingers. If it's an African Dwarf Frog it will have webbing between its fingers; they'll look almost like mittens.

There's a world of difference between the two, so it's important to find out what it is. For more info, click on the link in my signature, then ask whatever questions you need to.

Good luck with it; they are great pets! :wub:

Hi sydney :)

Have you figured out what kind of frog you have yet? :dunno:

Hi,
ok I gave my frog a good looking over and it has webbed feet on the front and the back, but I noticed that on the back three of the five toes have little black tips, like little fingernails or something :/ . ummmm its back feet are way bigger that the front, and it is tan with black spots all over it. thanks for helping me :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back